Thursday, February 16, 2017

Fancy Dresses all in a Row


Anybody have a fascination with miniature apparel like I do?  I think it comes from playing with paper dolls as a little girl. When I saw this Anita Goodesign quilt block collection with all the darling applique baby outfits, I fell in love. I couldn't wait to use my embroidery machine and favorite Riley Blake fabrics to make this adorable wall hanging.

                              

It was difficult to choose from the 14 boy and girl outfits in this collection, but I finally narrowed it down to six dresses, a romper and some jazzy little shoes (which had to be red, of course.) I'm sure I'll be using the other designs for something else very soon.



The program amazingly stipples the background perfectly on the blocks.  It's magic! The embroidered detail on all the outfits is absolutely gorgeous, right down to the little hanger, the pockets, the flowers and the bows. 

                           

I chose a pretty machine stitched heart pattern for the alternating blocks.


I finished the quilt top with a three-inch border and added Warm and Natural quilt batting for the inside layer.  The backing is a coordinating Riley Blake floral print.  I stitched in the ditch to finish the quilting and then added  yellow print quilt binding.

I'm waiting to give this to a special little princess some day, but until then I'm going to hang it outside my craft room and smile every time I walk past it.  

Thanks for visiting.  
Go forth and be fabulous.
Nancy


No comments:

Post a Comment