Sunday, February 12, 2017

My Spiffy Valentine


Yes, the word "spiffy" is in the dictionary.  It means "all decked out" and I think this darling Mo Manning digital cutie fits that description.  This weeks Splitcoaststampers color challenge was to create a card using red, black and white, perfect valentine colors.  I would never have thought to make her shirt black and white striped and add polka dots to her jumper.  That's what makes challenges so great.  They make you think differently when you have a specific goal to meet in a limited amount of time. 

I colored the image with copics and the dots were added with a Sharpie poster paint marker.  I love this marker because it doesn't dry out like a gel pen and the dots show up nicely.  The card base is a Lori Whitlock svg cut file (I'm obsessed) and the black frame is a Spellbinders die cut.  I embellished with a glitter paper heart, rhinestones and a gingham ribbon.  See...spiffy.

Thanks for visiting. 
Go forth and be fabulous.
Nancy

3 comments:

  1. Oh I love this image by Mo. Its the perfect Valentine!! I'll be the first one to follow your blog :).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sherri. I love Mo Manning images so much. I used to be a substitute school teacher and they remind me the beautiful illustrations I saw in the children's books i read to the kids. She's an awesome artist!

      Delete
    2. And thanks for being my first follower, Sherri. You rock!

      Delete