Monday, July 31, 2017

Laurel Burch Mermaid Side Step Card - Have a Magical Day.

I can't help being a little obsessed with coloring these fabulous Stampendous Laurel Burch stamps with my copics. They're so coloricious!  I couldn't wait to work on this beautiful mermaid stamp set and I decided it would be perfect for my daughter's birthday next month. Aren't we all a little fascinated with magical creatures like mermaids and unicorns?  I think my 30-something daughter will love it!

I used the bright Stampendous Laurel Burch copic pallet and added some gold glitter paper and Starform glitter stickers for accents to make my sea lady sparkle.  To my amazement, I created the side step file by myself in Cricut Design Studio.  My brain almost exploded but I finally got it right and now I can use the file to make other side step cards in a snap.  I even figured out how to size the insert pieces (with a lot of trial and error). It's not hard...it just takes a little perseverance.   The finished card measures 5" x 7".  The sun, cloud and waves are from the Cricut image library. I love that I can just type in "sun" or "waves" in the search bar and I get to choose from tons of images.  Since I have been a Cricut geek for many years I already have many purchased cartridges loaded in the library and with my added monthly subscription, I rarely have to buy an image.  The stamped greeting is one I found in my stash.  

I had the best time creating this ocean scene on my Cricut for my sparkly mermaid.  And as for having a magical day, as my sentiment suggests, I'd say most of the days I spend in my craft room are magical...even if it's just enjoying the miracle of a card turning out the way I would like it to. We crafters are blessed that way!

Thanks for visiting.
Go forth and be fabulous.
Nancy.

Playing along with:
        Cupcake Inspirations
        Crafty Gals Corner
        Dare 2 B Artsy
        
        Creative with Stamps

9 comments:

  1. Ah - it is soon great to see this beauty! I am a pure mermaid gal and bought this same stamp a few weeks ago but have been too busy to ink her up. This heat has given me permission to spend more time in my studio! Hope to see you soon - thanks for this glorious inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Maureen. I love mermaids too. I've been collecting mermaid stamps without even trying. Now I'm in search of a cute unicorn. This mystical thing is getting a little out of hand. 😁 This Laurel Burch mermaid is so fun to color. A perfect project for staying cool in your studio. Hope to see you soon in another one of Sandy's classes. xo

      Delete
  2. This side-step card is so pretty!!!
    Thank you for joining us at Creative With Stamps!
    Lilian
    The Leaf Studio

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow this is gorgeous.. such Beautiful colours and the whole design is just marvellous! Your daughter will love it for sure. Thankyou for joining us at the Cupcake Inspirations. Hope to see your gorgeous cards again! Hugs, Ishani

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty card! Love the mermaid! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Gals Corner!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a pretty card the colours are gorgeous, love the way you've used the side steps to look like waves. Thanks for joining us this month at the Fairy and Unicorn Challenge, Claire DT member

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous card! Congratulations on winning Dare 2B Artzy's July Bright Color Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous card! Congratulations on winning Dare 2B Artzy's July Bright Color Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yippee!!! Thanks so much, Melody. I'm so excited. Can't wait to pick out one of your gorgeous stamp sets. 💚💚💚

      Delete