Thursday, October 12, 2017

Sizzix Tim Holtz Bell Jar Halloween Cards - 2016 Stamp Art Shoppe Class Flashback


While searching through my "Big Box O' Halloween Stuff" for some inspiration and supplies, I was excited to find these fun cards that I made in a class at the Stamp Art Shoppe last year.  Our amazingly talented teacher, Sandy Brien, showed us how to use the Sizzix Bell Jar die with acetate to give a realistic-ish glass jar look.  She instructed us to temporarily center the bell jar transparency on our paper and carefully sponge around the edge with distress ink to make the jar look lighter. We then cleaned and dried the transparency and adhered it to the pedestal after creating our scene.  I had forgotten how cute these cards turned out.  


The ghosts, pumpkins, bats, grass and scene dies are all from Impression Obsession. The leaves were made with punches.  The fabulous bell jar die is Sizzix Bell Jar 658244, which I've seen on Amazon recently.  I have a similar Sizzix Snow Globe die with a Christmas scene that I can't wait to use with this same process. 

Sadly, the Stamp Art Shoppe closed earlier this year, but Sandy still comes to town to teach classes about once a month.  I always look forward to being enlightened by her mad skills and talent.

Thanks for visiting. 
Go forth and be fabulous.
Nancy

No comments:

Post a Comment