Tuesday, October 3, 2017

Welcome Fall Log Cabin Wall Hanging - Accuquilt Go


While I'm still a relative newbie at piecing quilts, this lovely traditional art is fast becoming one of my favorite creative pass times.  Actually, it's a lot like my other obsession, paper crafting, because it involves a lot of the same techniques and skills.  Design, layout, color coordination...they're all there. And don't even get my started on the joys of die cutting.


The log cabin block for this wall hanging was a cinch to create using the Accuquilt  Go log cabin die and my Go Big electronic die cut machine. I can make several different size blocks with this one die just by adding additional strips,  but I chose to use a six-inch block for this quilt.

  
Accuquilt also makes an assortment of  fun applique dies like the pumpkins and leaves I used  for the 6-inch white blocks in this quilt. I purchased some really cute Etsy embroidery files  made specifically to spiff up the Go die cuts from VStitch Designs.


I promise I'm not an Accuquilt Go sales  rep, but I really love using die  cuts to make precise cuts for my quilts.  I'm not lazy...just rotary cutter impaired!

Thanks for visiting.
Go forth and be fabulous.
Nancy



No comments:

Post a Comment