Sunday, February 11, 2018

Happy to be stuck with you - Cricut Valentine for my favorite guy

👉 There is a certain happiness in being silly and ridiculous.



Hey there,

Yep, I can even come up with an embarrassingly cutesy Valentine for my hubby.  It takes a special talent, and a certain level of immaturity that I hope we all possess when we advance in age. But, honestly, can anyone keep from singing the happy Huey Lewis song when you see this card?  And I am, indeed, blessed to be stuck with a wonderful guy.   I used a rectangle Lori Whilock svg card base to accommodate my extremely  handsome and talented cactus guy. 
     

Originally, I had a brightly colored, multi-layered lizard in the center panel.  I was so proud of my handiwork until I added some black Nuvo drops to his eyes and then accidentally closed the card!!!!  I'm sure that never happens to you.  While cutting the complete card over again. because, of course, I had already glued everything in place, I  found this Southwestern heart in Design Studio.  I like it even better than my original lizard. Kismet.

Here's what I used:
  1. This Lori Whilock svg file.
  2. Cricut Southwestern cartridge images in Design Studio.
  3. Nuvo drops to embellish hat and marakas
  4. Cricut writing feature for front sentiment.
  5. HA stamp for inside sentiment.
  6. Sun die.
Thanks for visiting.
Go forth and create something fabulous.
Nancy

Playing along with:
        Avenue 613 Challenge
        Allsorts Challenge
        My Time to Craft
        Crafting with Friends
        Cut it Up Challenge
    
        
        


7 comments:

  1. :) Happens to all of us!!

    What a wonderful card, so fun! Your hubby will love it. Hope you guys go out for Mexican on Valentines Day!

    Thanks for joining us for our Layers of Love challenge at Cut it Up!

    Evelyn
    http://mylittlecraftblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant card, the nuvo drops look fabulous on his hat and maracas. Thank you for joining us at Crafty Calendar Challenge,
    Katrina x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super fun card, love the image and sentiment and the lovely bright and cold colours suit the image.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute, original Valentine card. Thanks for sharing this work of art with us at My Time To Craft. Caz. DT.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a super cute card!! Love the happy cactus guy!! Thanks for joining us at Cut it Up challenge!
    Have a great day.
    Gerda
    http://cardscreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun card using the cute image and sentiment, and fantastic design!
    Thank you so much for joining us this week at Allsorts challenge for our "Love is in the Air" theme.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your fancy fold is a really nice way to show off the delightful cactus card. It's so cute! We're happy you decided to drop by 613 Avenue Create.

    ReplyDelete