Friday, February 16, 2018

Tropical Wall Hanging - Anita Goodesign "Life's a Beach" Embroidery Designs

👉 The ocean stirs the heart, inspires the imagination and brings eternal joy to the soul.



Hey there,

Yay!  I finally managed to sew all my embroidered beachy blocks into this bright sunny quilt.  I just couldn't get a vision of my finished quilt and then it came to me like a ray of sunshine.  My decision to do white sashing helped everything fall into place.  I raided my stash for the jelly roll of festive Hawaiian fabric from my trip to Hawaii last summer.  The pieced border and cornerstones came to me one night while I was lying awake.  All I had to do was add a red and white striped beach umbrella-ish border to finish this cheery, breezy embroidered wall hanging.  Here's a link to a tutorial on one of my posts explaining how I do my machine embroidery. Check out my Anita Goodesign label for close ups of the blocks.


I used Anita Goodesign's "Life's a Beach"  Embroidery Design CD for my blocks.


Wouldn't these designs be cute on a beach bag or towel?  What a cute gift!


I separated my patterns into beach, sky and ocean themes...beige fabric for beach, blue for sky and green for ocean.
  

These are applique patterns so I was able to make polka-dot flip flops and  bright colorful fish from floral fabric.  I love embroidered applique so much!

Here's what I used:
  1. Anita Goodesign "Life's a Beach" Embroidery Design CD
  2. Kona cotton fabric in pastel beige, green and blue
  3. Timeless Treasures red and white striped fabric for binding.
  4. Isacord embroidery thread.
Thanks so much for visiting.
Go forth and create something fabulous.
Nancy





No comments:

Post a Comment